This is one of my favorite dishes. I usually prepare this dish in a pot without mushrooms and peppers, but this is the original recipe and I present it to you as it is written in my cookbook.
- 500 g spinach- cleaned, chopped and softened in a hot water
- 1 onion
- 1 handful of rice
- 1-2 red tomatoes
- 150 g mushrooms
- 1 green pepper
- 3-4 eggs
- Fry onions with some oil in a pan, add spinach and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add previously finely chopped tomatoes and peppers.
- Add the mushrooms.
- Finally, add rice and continue to fry until rice becomes translucent.
- Pour hot water, add spices and salt, mix and place the pan in the oven.
- Bake for about 45 minutes at 180-200C.
- Before the end, add the eggs on top and return the pan in the oven to bake for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with sour cream or fermented milk.