Season of young potatoes has begun, I love young potatoes and I wish they could stay a little longer on the market. So while we still have them, let’s share some recipes.
- 6-7 larger young potatoes
- 200 g cheese
- 2-3 pieces of spring onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs butter
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grate cheese and divide in half.
- Chop spring onion and mix with 1 egg and add half the cheese. You will use this mixture in the end for coating.
- Mix the remaining cheese with the other egg and mayonnaise.
- Grate potatoes and add to the mixture. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture in an oiled pan. Apply dressing on top and add pieces of butter.
- Bake at 200 C degrees about 45 minutes until golden.
- If you don’t have spring potatoes, use old potatoes just boil them first then grate.