A delicious and healthful “weed soup”. Chock full of heart-healthy vitamins and minerals. You can’t eat much healthier than this!
A delicious succulent weed that is known to have its origins in the Middle East in the beginnings of the Armenian and Persian cultures.
It was used not only as a food but was widely used as a medicinal plant.
Armenian “Per Per” or Purslane and yogurt soup
- 2 cups of yogurt, thinned with water to a heavy cream consistency.
- 1 cup chopped per-per or purslane *SEE COOKS NOTE*, washed and spun in a salad spinner
- Your favorite hot sauce (optional)
- Salt and pepper to your taste
- Wash the per-per (purslane) well; to remove any dirt or pesticides.
- Thin your yogurt with water and keep chilled.
- Serve with Armenian cracker bread or pita crisps
- You can go out and pick your own purslane or buy it from a good health food store.