Apples Preserve (Slatko od Jabolka)
- 2 kg apples
- 1 kg sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon acid in powder
- 1 vanilla stick
- 1 cup of water
- In a deeper pot, add sugar and water to boil and stir until you get dense syrup.
- Wash apples well, peel them and clean them from seeds. Cut into cubes and add them to the syrup, and immediately add the vanilla. Allow to boil and stir slowly until apples soften and syrup thickens.
- At the end of cooking, add lemon acid.
- Put ready preserve in clean, sterilized jars while it is hot, close it with a lid and immediately flip the jars.
- After serving, sprinkle some cinnamon on top and some nuts.