I love poppy seed! That’s why I’m proposing a slightly different corn cake with poppy seed. Simple, yet interesting. The more it stays, the better it tastes. The real enjoyment of taste and structure is when cake overnights.
Albanian Poppy Seed Corn Cake
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 1 cup milk, sour milk or yogurt
- 3 cups cornflour
- 1 bag of baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 bag of dry yeast
- 4 full tablespoons poppy seed
Note: 1 cup = 200 ml.
- Mix eggs together with sugar and honey longer than usual, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then reduce mixer speed to minimum and add the oils and milk / yogurt or sour milk.
- Add the yeast, baking powder, poppy seed, and finally add the corn flour that needs to be mixed using a spoon or wire.
- Put the mixture into previously oiled and floured pan size 25x35cm. Bake at 180 degrees for half an hour.
- When cool, sprinkle the biscuit with powdered sugar and cut into cubes or rhomboids.